SENIOR EVENTS FLORIST
The jobholder will be a responsibe for helping to produce exceptional floral designs and installations for our customers. Generally working as part of a team, Events Florists need to demonstrate creativity and technical competence as well as well-developed communication, teamwork, and organisational skills.
Our customers include some of the world’s most luxurious and demanding hotels, restaurants and event venues and organisers – all of whom expect a flawless execution of the services we have committed to provide to them. Florists play an important role in making this happen and need to be committed to going the extra mile when necessary – settling for nothing less than perfection and quality.
The role calls for a combination of passion, creativity, flexibility, team-working, interpersonal skills, organisation and planning, attention to detail, and staying calm under pressure. Most of the work we do is carried out when guests are asleep or venues are closed, so early morning starts are common and night shifts sometimes necessary.
- Preparation of vases, materials, and equipment in the workroom to then install at our event venues
- Conditioning and preparation of flowers in the workroom
- Working with the events team to deliver flawless events for our customers
- Support the creation of mood boards and events briefs
- Communicating with customers while working on installs
- Ordering flowers as required
- Driving vans to and from events
- Experience in designing and installing creative floral designs
- Creativity and passion
- An ability to plan ahead
- A team player
- Advanced knowledge of flower varieties and floristry techniques
- A strong understanding of customer needs, delighting them and going the extra mile
- Excellent knowledge of the flower industry
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to work under pressure
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in the flower industry, with at least 2 years of experience of events floristry
- A commitment to continuing their professional development
- Good oral and written communicator in English
- A full UK Driving licence
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. It is expected that the job-holder will be flexible in developing their role by mutual agreement and that they may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with their grading and expertise.
To apply for this job, please email your cover letter, CV and portfolio to: email@example.com